Friday, July 8, 2011

Due Date


Today is my official due date. The floors are vacuumed and mopped so now he needs to come before they get too dirty again. The clock is ticking, little man! Yesterday my brother and his wife came over with their new baby and you should have seen how tender our kids were towards him. They are going to love having a baby of our own!

So, it's always fun to have a pool of guesses for when the baby will be born and how big he will be. We are inviting predictions and Eli will award a $10 gift certificate to Exodus Books to both the closest time and the closest weight. So bring on the guesses—one for date/time and one for weight, but please only guess once for each. You can't  guess a new date if your estimated day comes and goes with no new baby!

To help you out, here's a little birth history for you:

  • I have been 6 days, 7 days, and then 12 long days "overdue".
  • My babies have been born at 11AM, 5PM, and 3PM. 
  • Joshua was 8 pounds 6 ounces.
  • Lucy was 7 pounds 7 ounces.
  • Esther was 7 pounds 12 ounces.
Have fun! I can't wait to see who wins! ;-)

9 comments:

  1. Time guess: 5 days post at 10pm

    You already had your long overdue stint -- now it's time for a "short" one! :)

    Weight guess: 8 pounds 8 ounces (that was the weight of my first!)

    I thought I'd guess the weight of my first rather than my fourth: 9 pounds 13 ounces. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the considerate weight guess! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I'm guessing Sunday evening, July 10 th, around 7 pm. Aren't kind to let you labor during the day? You're welcome. :-)

    As for weight, let's go with 8 lb even.

    Praying all is well. And come on, little not-Caleb...I could totally use more Exodus spending money!

    Sally S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the laying-out-tiny-baby-clothes in anticipation stage! There's always so much impatience, but it's so exciting too :) Can't wait to hear the announcement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I'd like to guess TONIGHT! at NOW!...but since I haven't heard any rumblings in that directions, I'll make my guess...

    Thursday @ 8:42pm
    7lbs 1oz

    Keep delighting in one day at a time and he'll be here! Can't wait to hear his name story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My official guess is 7/14 at 4pm, and 7lbs 14oz. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATULATIONS.........I told your dad it would be born at 7am on Ester's birthday. Glad you didn't have to wait till 7am but I got the date right. Lots of Love, See you soon......get some rest. Grandma Judy

    ReplyDelete