Friday, April 8, 2011

Reading Materials

"I'm done!!!" is an exclamation that often comes bellowing out of the bathroom around our house. "I'm done!!!" they bellow, over and over until I respond with TP in hand. It's amazing how loudly they can call!

But sometimes I anticipate the child, occupied on the throne, and come to the bathroom before I get the summons. One day I quietly opened the door on Lucy and found her sitting there, her short legs dangling, with World Magazine draped across her lap. I wish I had been able to get a picture, but the memory of it will forever make me laugh!

4 comments:

  1. Hi there, Amanda. I met your husband today at Exodus, and found your blog when I "friended" the shop on Facebook. I've got a 5 and a 3 year old boy, and it's fun to read another mama's thoughts from the trenches. Thanks for posting. -Miriam in Beaverton

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so fun when the little ones copy the big ones without really knowing what they are doing (of course it's not as fun if the result is messy or bloody...).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that it was World Magazine... so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This could be framed...beautiful picture.

    ReplyDelete